We encourage questions and welcome you to visit Scholars International Academy. Please contact the Admissions Manager to schedule school tours and appointments.
- Apart from French what other second language do you teach?We teach English, Arabic from Foundation and French as a third language starting from Grade 5.
- What is the process of communication between parents and teachers?There are many forms of communication between teachers and parent: emails, diaries, newsletter, class dojo and the Engage app. Your classroom teacher in EYFS 1 & 2 and Year 1 – 6 will inform you of the communication form she/he will use during the first days of the new school year. The Engage app will give you important school wide information daily. We encourage you to stay in touch with your class teacher throughout the school year.
- Do you have teaching assistants?Yes, we have teaching assistants from Foundation Stage 1 up to Year 2.
- Do you provide transport?
- Is there a test for admission?Yes, we require each prospective student to take an assessment to ascertain whether the child will be able to effectively engage with the school programme offered at SIA.
- To what Years does the school offer?The school offers classes from Foundation up to Year 13 (A and AS levels).
- In which Year are Arabic and French introduced?Arabic is introduced in Foundation 2. French is introduced in Year 5.
- How many children are there in each class?The class size is capped at 22 for EYFS 1 & 2. Class size is capped at 27 for Year 1 to 4. Classes are capped at 25 in Year 5 to Year 13.
- How old must my child be to start school?Students in Foundation 1 must be 4 years by 31st December.
- Where is the teaching staff from?The majority of our teachers are from the UK. We hire teachers internationally and locally to find the best practitioners from around the globe. All of our teachers hold full university teaching degrees. Our staff is hired based on their ability to create engaging learning environments for SIA students.
- What are the school timings?The school hours are:
7:30am to 12:20pm – Foundation 1 & 2
7:30am to 2:20pm – Years 1 to 13
- What curriculum do you follow?We follow the English National Curriculum for England and Wales enriched with the Cambridge Curriculum programme of study, the standard for International British education. We are one of the only two schools in Sharjah approved by BSME (British Schools Of Middle East) and accredited by BOS (British Schools of Overseas), which further aligns us with the UK school models, levels and systems. The academic foundation of our school is the Cambridge model for teaching and learning. Offering students a rigorous programme for learners to progress from one stage to the next supported by teaching and learning that challenges students to think deeply.